Monday, March 21, 2011

THE SCARY STORY

Thats how it started....

It was yet another night at the power plant township. It was a cold night and I had taken dinner early. I was evidently hungry. The lights were off in almost all the residences. My flatmate was also fast asleep.The November breeze made a clangarous noise as it struck the trees.

But for my bad luck,  I just finished 2 ghost movies at a strech. With the virtue of excessive imagination, I  always had bad sleep succeeding my encounters with these movies. I turned off the light and got under my blanket. I turned on the A.C. It served me more like a sound conditioner.  I fear the silence the most and this noisy A.C made it a point to cut-off all possibilities of mute-ness.

It was not an easy escape though.

I could hear someone telling me "You are the chosen one. We have come to share our sorrows. We died without fulfilling  our wishes . You have to help us."
I got out of the blanket and in the darkness everything around me : the curtains ,  the dim shadows ,  the wallpapers looked like demons. I was observing the shadows near my bedpost .I couldn't locate the owner of a shadow . I tried holding to everything around me but nothing claimed the ownership. I got out of my bed and switched on the light . It was perfectly fine ........... Everything intact.

I told myself " Dont be a baby. Cant you see that there is no trouble around here. This universe works on rational. "

I felt relieved. Turned off the light and got back to my mission. Then some bizarre thoughts crept into me. " What really happens when one dies. What will one feel while dying. " The more I tried to shew away these thoughts the more they occupied me.

Terrified I jumped from my bed to turn on the lights when the current went away. It hardly happens here in NTPC. That meant something. There was silence and darkness. My senses were at their best. I could hear some noise coming from under my bed:
                                          TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

I got up but didn't have the courage to look under the bed. I removed the curtains to see if the street lights were on. But they weren't. It was an odd coincidence. I decided to wake my friend who was sleeping in her room. But to my shock the room was locked. I was shocked to death.
This wasn't usual. I was trapped. I cluched to my raksha and ran back to my room. I bent to look under the bed. But there was nothing and the voice ceased.

Suddenly , something watery and cold dropped on my face from I dont know where. I wanted to move or at the least shout. But I was so constrained. I couldn't do anything. It was as if I was chained. Suddenly someone clutched me from back . All I could hear was
                        " KOUSALYA SUPRAJA RAMAPORVA SANDYA PRAVARTHATHE"

Thats how it end .... my dream...

My mother was beside me trying to wake me.

She said " After going to hostel this girl has learnt all these bad habits . Sleeping till nine. Where is all this going to end. My good gods."

No comments:

Post a Comment